Are you ready to make money from speaking? I’m sharing information about what you need to have ready to go for any opportunity.
Speaking is one of the least expensive, most effective marketing strategies you can do in your business. If you’re already speaking then great, what I’m sharing in this article could be a good reminder for you.
If you are not speaking yet, then why not? Are you afraid of speaking or getting in front of an audience? Are you unsure of what to speak about or to whom or saying to yourself “who would care about what I have to say?”
Regardless of what you do in business you may want to consider speaking. Speaking allows you to be the expert in front of your prospects and peers. It gives you instant credibility and trust with the audience. And it speeds up the buying process when someone likes, trusts and is able to connect with you personally.
One of the biggest mistakes I see many speakers making however, is that they are rarely ever prepared for opportunities that may arise at any time.
Being prepared as a speaker will get you into more doors, position yourself as a professional to the people booking you to speak and it will allow you less stress and freedom to take advantage of all kinds of opportunities whenever they come up.
Here are a few things you want to make sure you have prepared:
- Professional speaker sheet – with your bio and/or introduction and your talk title and description at the very least. You can add references, additional talk descriptions, testimonials and places you’ve spoken too if you like and you have.
- Professional head shot – easily downloadable from your website or emailable
- One to five (max) talk topics and descriptions – you can have more than one if it makes sense for your business and what you speak on are all complimentary to some extent. If you’re just starting out, start with one signature talk however to make your life easier.
- Cover letter or email prewritten and ready to go – include all attachments and information someone would need to decide whether they want to book you as a speaker or guest
- Page on your website talking about you as a speaker – include your talk titles, places you’ve spoken, videos of you speaking and more information someone looking for a speaker could download easily on their own.
- Speaker videos – make sure you have at least one video of you speaking on stage or in front of a group; many events and bookers won’t even consider you without this these days.
Choosing the right signature talk you’d think is the easy part, however it can be the most crucial part of this whole equation, especially if you want to monetize your talk and your time.
You need to prepare what you’ll talk on based on what action you ultimately want the audience to take with you. Do you want them to sign up for your free gift or newsletter? Buy your book or product? Register for your event?
It’s important that you reverse engineer your talk based on what you want the audience to buy or sign up for. This is crucial and another big mistake I see many speakers making. They give a great talk then tag on a pitch to sell something totally different to the end and it feels like a sales pitch. Not good.
If you want to figure out how to set your business up the right way from the start whether you’ve already started or not, along with the most effective marketing strategies… I invite you to join me for a Free Speaker Success Webinar happening June 7th at Noon PST. (It will be recorded in case you can’t come live so sign up regardless!)
REGISTER HERE NOW: http://livebigevents.com/webinar-speakersuccess/
Here’s to Your Success!
The Jumpstart Your Biz Coach, Speaker &
Author of the book, Love Yourself Successful
“Kicking YOU and YOUR Business Into High Gear Making a LOT More MONEY Doing What
P.S. Get your FREE Entrepreneur’s Success Kit at www.JumpStartYourMarketing.com/freegifts!
About the Author
© Copyright 2017 K. Sawa Marketing international Inc.
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it:
Katrina Sawa is known as The JumpStart Your Biz Coach because she literally kicks her clients and their businesses into high gear. Katrina is the creator of the JumpStart Your Marketing™ System, JumpStart Your Business in 90 Days System and 7 Step Love & Money System of which she holds a live event on every year. She works with motivated women entrepreneurs who want to start, grow and market your business the right way from the start. Katrina helps you move faster and more affordably towards your ultimate revenue and professional goals using online and offline marketing strategies, plus she kicks you in the butt to implement it all too! Katrina is an author, speaker and coach who has been featured on the Oprah and Friends XMRadioNetwork, News10 and Good Day Sacramento. Get her Free Entrepreneur’s Success Kit at www.JumpStartYourMarketing.com.
Are you wondering WHERE YOU STAND in your marketing…