If you’re a small business owner looking to grow your business fast, then you want to get networking! Networking in person can be your fastest path to quick cash flow if you have special offers and easy YES offers.
This is the third post in the series on Networking – make sure you go read the last two posts and watch their corresponding video tips to know how to best prepare before a networking event and what to do to maximize your time during a networking event.
But I’ve ONLY been as successful with networking as I have because I developed an EXTENSIVE and consistent follow up system! At first I had no idea that what I was doing was really a “system” or process that I did over and over again. when I realized that I put it all into a format so I didn’t have to continue recreating the wheel so to speak every time I went to an event.
And keep in mind that I follow up via email but also by mail (yes, U.S. mail), phone and now on social media sites too for some people. Email follow up these days, although free to do, is so NOT ENOUGH! Email is just not as effective as it used to be. Sorry to tell you this but you have to do MORE. Which is why you want templates, scripts and a clear system so it gets done.
This week’s post is video #3 (what to do AFTER the event) and the second half of my top 10 tips.
Kat’s Top 20 Networking Tips (the second 10)
- Don’t Feature Dump when talking to people (don’t list all your services or benefits while talking), find out what the customer/person wants or needs by asking questions first and getting them talking – LISTEN!
- Never “lead” with a card when you enter a room, “leave” the card or wait until someone asks you for your card. Don’t presume everyone wants your card. If they don’t want it, they won’t do anything with it anyways so why waste it on them?
- Go by to follow up with those people in person who you think could be good referral sources or customers for you and/or mail them your brochure and card too.
- Offer to donate raffle prizes to events – use gift baskets or purchase something from a business that you’re trying to get to refer business to you and always slip your card and brochure into the gift. (Don’t offer as a prize a certain dollar amount or discount off your product or service, it’s not a gift then, it’s only a discount.)
- Offer to give a referral discount or gift to those current customers or networking contacts that refer their friends (need to brainstorm ideas on incentives and “what’s in it for them” – maybe $100 referral fee depending on your price point or a $5 Starbucks gift card?)
- Make arrangements with other businesses to offer their products or services to your clients/contacts for free exposure for them while allowing you to give gifts to your clients.
- Do anything and everything you can to get noticed
- Every person you network with, follow up by sending them a note, flyer or letter about how you would like to work with them and how you can help each other. Every person you meet with about your service, send them a thank you card right away. You want to make every relationship a WIN-WIN.
- Follow up on every lead no matter what within 48 hours by phone, fax or email, whichever works best for THEM.
- Try to help everyone you meet by referring people to their business, they will remember you and do the same for you.
I also did a 3 part Video Series on the topic of Networking, here is video #3:
HERE ARE 3 ACTION STEPS YOU CAN TAKE NOW TO LEARN HOW TO ADD MORE NETWORKING TO YOUR MARKETING PLAN:
- Grab Kat’s Networking Tradeshow Tool Kit for $57 and develop a better process for more prospects from or at events – go to https://www.jumpstartyourmarketing.com/product-tradeshow.
- Grab Kat’s Ultimate Marketing Follow Up System – complete with audio trainings, hundreds of pages of email templates, direct mail examples, scripts and so much more for $197 plus many bonuses too – go to www.JumpstartYourFollowUp.com.
- Grab a FREE COPY of her Entrepreneurs Success Kit now + 3 other Free Gifts – Sign up at www.JumpstartYourMarketing.com/freegifts.
Join me in November and let’s jumpstart your business!
Go to www.LiveBigEvents.com for all the details and sign up today!
The JumpStart Your Biz Coach, Speaker &
Author of the book, Love Yourself Successful
“Kicking YOU and YOUR Business Into High Gear to Create Your Happiest Life Ever Full of lots of LOVE & MONEY!”