** I wanted to showcase another one of my star students and amazing speaker and coach, Jennifer Darling. Jennifer is amazing at not only LinkedIn marketing but sales in general. She definitely gives some “super tips” in this article that I wanted to share with you here on my blog.
Want to Maximize Networking Events with LinkedIn?
Do you have a drawer full of business cards stacked in piles or put in a shoebox after every networking event? Not sure what to do with all those fancy cards? Do you pull them out of the drawer now and then and try to remember where it was you met these people?
Use these tips for maximizing who you meet at networking events using LinkedIn. You’ll love this!
1. Immediately send a connection request to each person you meet. This will ensure you stay in touch long after the networking event. I like to send a message within 24 hours of the event. Make it a standard operating procedure, you won’t forget, and your face will be fresh in their minds.
2. Send a private, custom message. Remind your connection where you met, and what you talked about. This is no time to get salesly, you want to start a relationship. Another benefit is having a history in your message box of when and where you met each contact, and what you talked about. This is useful for future conversations.
3. Attach an article that you wrote, or one you found that is helpful to your new connection. You don’t have to do this right away, you can do it in a follow up message. It shows that you are interested in supporting their businesses and gives value.
4. Make an introduction. It’s really great when you meet someone and can bring them value by making an introduction to someone they need to meet. It could be they’re looking for an accountant, a business coach, or an insurance person. Make this connection and everyone wins.
5. Endorse your connections. Endorsements help connections increase their credibility in the field they work in. It’s different than a recommendation which is another word for testimonial, I do not recommend this unless you’ve actually worked together. An endorsement is appropriate.
If you want to build influence and maximize the connections you meet, using LinkedIn is one of the best ways you can make this happen. It’s easy and it’s impressive. Stand out from the rest of the crowd and use LinkedIn to grow your relationship.
If you don’t have a customer relations management system (and even if you do) and, you didn’t ask permission for your connections to be added to your email marketing list, this is an excellent system for you to manage with ease.
(If you don’t know you are supposed to do ask permission and get someone’s opt-in to be on your email marketing list, start doing it now because it’s required by the FCC, read more here: https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/can-spam-act-compliance-guide-business
Want to learn my #1 way to build a Rockstar Profile on LinkedIn? Visit my website for a free eBook: https://www.DarlingCoaching.com to get your free gift!
© 2018 Jennifer Darling. All Rights Reserved. For info: https://www.DarlingCoaching.com
About the author: Jennifer Darling is a professional speaker and LinkedIn expert. She has worked with 1,000s of businesses in strategic planning to increase their revenue. She provides sales, marketing, personal development and business consulting for small to medium businesses, corporations, nonprofits, and groups. Jennifer possesses 20 years experience for companies such as NBC, CBS, FOX, and Comcast. She holds a Master’s Degree in Management and a Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising & Promotion.
Disclaimer: The information presented here is not legal advice. We provide it for informational purposes. If you need legal advice, you should contact an attorney.
Talk to you soon! ~ Katrina!
The Jumpstart Your Biz Coach, Speaker &
Author of the book, Love Yourself Successful
“Showing You HOW to Make a LOT More Money Doing What You Love!”
PS: Got a business challenge or question that you need answers to quickly? Join us in my 2 hr Masterclass on Fri, Jul 27th from 9am – 11am PST. Click here to Register.
PSS: Be sure to check out my next live event where we’re going to show you what to do and how to do it regarding your back-end technology, website, online marketing and more! Register NOW to get the BEST RATE!