I woke up this morning and couldn’t get back to sleep without writing this because I think it’s so important…this was confusing to me a couple years ago too when I first started joining mastermind programs and high level coaching programs.
I think it’s appropriate and timely to talk about it too because I’ve been getting lots of questions about the new programs I’m offering and how they compare to ‘other people’s mastermind and coaching programs’. In fact I decided to do a ONE-TIME TELECLASS on the subject this coming Thursday, December 3rd at Noon PST….enter your name and email here now and get access to that call.
I know many of you are reading other people’s ezines and promotions and following other coaches and mentors as well….as you should; but I’m hearing that you’re confused.
With all the coaching and mastermind options out there right now, all of the 2010 groups are now forming…not only mine but a couple of my mentors’, other coaches like me and more; you’re confused as to which one is right for you?
Which one should you join?
I know they are a big investment, not only in yourself but in the direction of your business too so you want to make the RIGHT DECISION on which one to join, correct?
Ok so let’s talk about and compare the Mastermind Groups and High End Coaching Programs that are out there, that you’re seeing…. Mind you I’m doing this to show you that I care enough about you to lay it all out on the table; I’m not trying to just tell you that you should join my mastermind group but I truly want to EDUCATE YOU on what you’re seeing out there and what the differences are and what to look for in choosing a program so it ends up being what you truly need in the coming year, not something way ahead of you or maybe even behind where you are….let’s compare….
** NOTE ** If you’re not interested in a mastermind program for yourself for next year, why not? It’s the most amazing way to fast-forward your progress, success and income this year. Check out the video I did and maybe you’ll understand more why to consider this for yourself… click here for the video.
First of all, WHY should you want to join a Mastermind group or coaching program?
It’s simple really and most of us who’ve been in them would say it was the best thing we EVER did in our business (and that’s the truth).
Being in a Mastermind Group, like my Live Big Platinum Mastermind for example, can give you:
- An influx of new ideas, strategies and fresh perspectives for your business. Sure you can come up with plenty of ideas on your own but will you know which ones to act on, spend money on or how to turn those ideas into big money pay days all on your own? Having a focused group of entrepreneurs and a lead mentor who can see bigger visions for you, additional opportunities and wider possibilities helps you put your big ideas into reality much faster and with more surety.
- Motivation and positive powerful thinking. The greatest challenge a business owner may face is staying positive and motivated on a day to day or month to month basis. We need to surround ourselves with highly motivated, energized and positive BIG thinking like-minded entrepreneurs constantly or we can easily lose steam. What happens when you lose steam? You don’t make a lot of sales right? You don’t attract a lot of clients easily do you? Instead, working with and interacting with your Mastermind group and lead mentor on a regular basis can clear those negative thoughts and replace them with positive, motivating, inspired and passionate thoughts and actions.
- Accountability and responsibility. One of the most difficult things for many of us entrepreneurs is to actually ‘get stuff done’. We do have many ideas like I mentioned but we don’t always know how to put them into money-making plans, products, programs, etc. and even if we KNEW HOW to get them implemented, we have no time so they still don’t get done, am I right? Your Mastermind group can help hold you accountable to your goals and project timelines plus provide a certain level of competition that will motivate many entrepreneurs to make sure they had their ‘thing’ done before coming to the next meeting.
- A big leap in time. In an era where time is money, we have to learn double the things in half the time. By connecting with peers and a lead mentor in a Mastermind group who have similar experiences, you tap, learn and benefit from others’ input. Especially learning from a Mentor who has been where you are and is now leaps ahead of you, they are where you want to be; it makes sense to learn what to do and NOT to do directly from someone who’s been there, made mistakes and then had successes who can show you the right path for you. This greatly shortens your learning curve by a huge margin.
Trust me, I lucked out when I first started doing these types of programs because the mentors I chose were just starting out with these types of programs themselves pretty much and their fees were still very low compared to what they are today (although still a big stretch for me at the time). I got a lot more for my money than you can typically get today in most of the programs out there.
However, there are still programs like mine; the Live Big Platinum and Platinum Plus that ARE true mastermind programs with 10-12 people in them all year long who get one-on-one access to me AND that are still affordable for the newer entrepreneur or the entrepreneur who has never done anything like this before.
I’ve now upleveled myself to offer these types of programs to you as MY next step in my business.
THE #1 REASON I did this is because being in these types of programs for me was the single best thing that catapulted my business so fast in the last few years. I wanted to offer that same type of accelerated learning, access and implementation to a select group of entrepreneurs like you who want to get there FASTER as well.
Now I mentioned a TRUE Mastermind, what is that you might ask and what’s the difference?
Aren’t all Mastermind groups the same? NNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!
To me, a true mastermind is NOT:
- A group of over 15 people
- More self-learning modules in the program than one-on-one access with the lead Mentor
- Being coached by the lead Mentor’s co-coach, not the lead Mentor themselves
- A program where you don’t feel like someone is truly ‘with you’ working on your business all year long (Trust me, I had this issue in one of the masterminds I was a part of and I didn’t feel like my Mentor cared too much about me or what I was doing in my business hence the advice I got was not always in my best interest.)
A true mastermind to me IS:
- A group of 8-15 like-minded entrepreneurs who are there to give as well as receive.
- Working hand in hand with your mentor to achieve the big goals and big picture dreams for you and your business and having a good amount of monthly access to them one-on-one
- Feeling like you are a part of a family who truly cares about you, who inspires and loves you and who would do anything for you (and people you stay in touch with for years after your group experience is ove
Either you absolutely know you want to get into ONE of these programs and you are deciding NOW which one you will join…..
Or you aren’t sure if this is the next step for you and your business, it’s a big investment and you’re not sure HOW it will pan out if you do it; meaning what will the return on investment be? This is a common question but very hard to answer because it will depend on you. It will depend on if you get into the right program for where you are now in your business and then how you commit to the group and to yourself to working the program for all it has.
If you follow many coaches and mentors and you’re finding it hard to choose then you’re not alone. We all have so much to give and very different programs and it is difficult to differentiate between what we all offer in order to make the BEST DECISION for you this coming year.
I know that many others who have mastermind programs are also very good at sales and they ‘get you in’ before you even know you’ve been gotten.
What the other guys/gals don’t tell you is:
- They want you to believe that their Mastermind program is a TRUE Mastermind like I mentioned above, but most of them are not. Most of these types of groups are set up to coach one-to-many (a lot of manys in fact). They charge fees that they used to charge for their one-on-one masterminds (the true ones) but now for more people, typically 35-50 or sometimes 100!
- Yet they offer NO one-on-one sessions (or just a couple per year) with the lead coach or mentor. They tell you you’ll get a true mastermind because on their sales page they show you testimonials of their ‘top’ clients who’ve worked closely with them all year and gotten huge results. These are NOT usually the people in the larger group mastermind program, they’re usually their top, high paying one-on-one clients (many now call their ‘Diamond’s’).
- Most of us coaches/mentors can only manage 10 or so ‘top’ clients where those clients pretty much have us ‘on speed dial’ so to speak (monthly 1on1 calls, emails, emergency calls and much more 1on1 attention – usually the ONLY 1on1 monthly attention by the lead mentor/coach). This makes sense though because as we uplevel ourselves, just as you will also uplevel yourself….there are bigger visions for the company, for us, for our mission, etc. therefore our time becomes more and more limited which is why we introduce more leveraged programs – those that leverage our time more to teach many. But there just isn’t enough time in the day or month to serve hundreds or even 30 coaching clients each month or year in a one-on-one capacity.
- They tempt you with the ‘mastermind’ concept, show you that this is truly what you need and then they offer mass group masterminds for lower, affordable investments which aren’t the same….they are like going to a big workshop 2-3 times per year and networking with the group, asking questions in the audience of the lead mentor but no real one-on-one time with the lead mentor yourself.
- Others have added a co-coach who actually will break up the large ‘mastermind’ group into smaller groups and the co-coach will work with them on a monthly basis…but you’re still not getting the lead Mentor one-on-one.
- You’d have to pay six times as much or more to get the one-on-one coaching sessions with them in what a lot of them call their ‘Diamond’ Mastermind programs. These are their true mastermind groups yet there are typically 10-15 max of these people. Many coaches offer this for a 6-figure investment or fee for the year which is fine and I just actually entered into one of these myself this year…but this was MY next step….it wasn’t my FIRST STEP.
You see the difference?
And I’m sure I’ll eventually uplevel myself again and get to that level (possibly sooner rather than later) of an investment for my programs as well but for now….they are still very reasonable and actually my Platinum and Platinum Plus Programs are the BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK right now if you’re looking for a TRUE Mastermind Program that will inspire you, show you the HOW, get you implementing, shift your mindset so you can think bigger and then give you the one-on-one access to ME for as much advice, resources, feedback, ideas and more that you can handle!
If this is the first or maybe second time you’re considering entering into one of these programs…my Live Big Platinum Mastermind could be just the right fit for you.
The confusion between all these different levels of so-called mastermind programs and group memberships is crazy I know. I put together a chart for mine because members were asking and my team needed it too to make sure every member received all their benefits, etc. You can view my program chart of benefits when you download the Program Information Sheet – enter your name and email here and you’ll get instant access.
What it all comes down to is how do you most like to learn and how are you most productive?
You have to know your best learning style so you choose and invest in the programs and products that fit you and how you best learn so you don’t waste your money.
I, for example, am NOT a good product learner. I don’t have good luck purchasing a home study kit or other listen to/read type of product and then actually sitting down working my way through it. It will sit on my shelf forever unless I pass it on to an assistant to read and learn and then THEY can implement whatever it is or give me the ‘cliff notes’.
Instead, I learn best by working one-on-one with a Mentor who’s doing what I want to do or going where I want to go. Someone who’s still in the trenches themselves. Someone who’s investing in themselves as they ask me to invest in them. Someone who’s learning from other big thinkers and money makers so that knowledge will trickle on down to me as well. I learn well in a workshop atmosphere too but then if I don’t quickly act on the information I learn, it just sits on my shelf once again. Having a Mentor and true Mastermind group to hold me accountable, help guide me in all my big ideas and implementation is truly the glue for me that holds my business together while it accelerates at the speed of light from one level to the next, and the next, and the next.
Do you learn best by teleclasses, group trainings, workshops and online self-administer recordings and interaction or do you need or want more one-on-one mentoring, advice, guidance, resources, feedback and recommendations from your mentor or coach?
That’s where your decision should lie in whose mastermind or coaching program you should join.
You want to go where you’ll have the best experience, implement the most, learn and achieve the most and feel the most supported.
If you’re ready to find out how to become one of the 10-12 big thinking entrepreneurs that I accept into my highly interactive Live Big Platinum Mastermind or one of the 4-5 highly motivated, fast-moving, big thinking entrepreneurs that I will mentor personally in my Platinum Plus Private Mentoring Program in 2010 then request your Program Information Sheet here now AND get access to the FREE ONE-TIME Informational Teleclass that I added to review and compare my programs and others too – it’s Thursday, December 3rd at Noon (12:00 pm) PST.
I hope this cleared up a little confusion for many of you who’ve been questioning whether to join an annual mastermind program for 2010 or which one is the right fit for you?
I’m excited to speak to those of you who are ready to step up and LIVE BIG with me in 2010!
Those who personally download the Information Sheet and submit your application to me no later than Friday, December 18th at 5:00 pm PST will ALL receive an Interview with me to make sure this program is a good fit for you just as much as you’re a good fit for my style of coaching and what you can contribute to the group as well.
Here’s to creating and enjoying the business and life of your dreams!
The JumpStart Your Biz Coach
© Copyright 2009 K. Sawa Marketing International Inc.
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE OR WEB SITE? To publish this article in your ezine or website please include the following blurb: Katrina Sawa is an Award-Winning Author, Speaker and International JumpStart Your Biz Coach who’s helped hundreds of small business owners take dramatic steps in their businesses to get them to the next level in business, revenues and their personal life. She offers one-on-one coaching, group coaching and do-it-yourself business-building products. She’s been featured on various news talk shows and radio shows including Oprah and Friends XM Radio. Go online now to get started with her Free Entrepreneur’s Success Kit at http://www.JumpStartYourMarketing.com!
Please Share, Follow and Like: