Influence is one of those words that I never thought about too much until just last year in fact. One of my speaker peers and friends mentioned it a couple times during her talk at a conference we both spoke at. When I stopped to think about it, and what having influence truly meant, I was excited to discover that I’d been doing many of the right things to BUILD INFLUENCE all throughout my 11+ year journey as an entrepreneur.
Here are a few thoughts about what I see can help us all Grow Our Influence in order to Make a Difference With Our Messages.
Definition of INFLUENCE: The capacity to have an effect on the character, development, or behavior of someone or something, or the effect itself.
So where do you start? What can you do to grow your influence?
I’ve identified 4 keys to growing your influence:
- Massive marketing to gain exposure
- Effective leadership and community building to gain trust
- Considerate and conscientious sharing of referrals and resources to gain love
- Impactful educating and motivating to gain credibility
You want to have people tell you “I see you everywhere” or “I hear your name everywhere”.
Let’s talk about each one of these independently…
- Massive marketing to gain exposure – For marketing, I typically recommend focusing your on 3 different types of marketing (I wrote an article on those two weeks ago), they are:
- Database Marketing – communicating with everyone you have access to and that are in your database via email, mail, phone and in person if you can too.
- Referral Source Marketing – communicating to see if or how you can help each other via email, mail, phone and social media or in person too if you can. Offer them opportunities to write posts for your blog, be a guest on your radio show if you have one, a teleclass to your list or other way to joint venture.
- New Business Marketing – searching out places where your target market is hanging out such as local or national events, virtual conferences or programs, social media sites, publications or radio shows and so much more. Reach out and connect and drive them to a next step.
- Effective leadership and community building to gain trust – This has to do with leading in your business, leading a team and building a following of people who love you, trust you, want to be around you or take every training you’ve got to offer and who refer you.
- Considerate and conscientious sharing of referrals and resources to gain love – This has to do with really having the spirit of giving first. Finding all sorts of ways to give of your expertise, your content, your time if able and give of your resources. This doesn’t mean you have to give all your products and services away, but being that go-to-gal that people reach out to when they’re looking for answers or a resource or a person and you offering whatever you can in that regard anytime without question.
- Impactful educating and motivating to gain credibility – This has to do with your expertise and showing the world what you know, what you do and how you can help others. It’s by providing great content, products and programs. It’s about inspiring and motivating those you come in contact with regardless if they’re paying you or not or even if you remember them three years later; it’s them remembering you and how you impacted their life.
Let’s set examples for the women who follow us, follow in our footsteps online and offline so we can build a truly remarkable, loving world.
Now, if you want more specific examples, steps and samples of ways to do all this then you really want to attend my 3 ½ day Jumpstart Your Marketing® & Sales Summit this April where I lay out everything you need to do to market and build influence in all of these areas.
Join me in April and let’s jumpstart your business! Go to www.LiveBigEvents.com for all the details and sign up today!
About the Author
© Copyright 2014 K. Sawa Marketing international Inc.
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it:
Katrina Sawa is known as The JumpStart Your Biz Coach because she literally kicks her clients and their businesses into high gear. She works with highly motivated women entrepreneurs that want to maximize their business to make more money, enjoy more free time and fully embrace your happiest life ever. Katrina uses online and offline strategies to leverage your resources, contacts and your expertise; plus she kicks you in the butt to implement it all too! Katrina is an author, speaker and coach and she has been featured on the Oprah and Friends XMRadioNetwork, ABC and the CW. Get her Free Entrepreneur’s Success Kit + couple other gifts online at www.JumpStartYourMarketing.com/freegifts!