Whether you’ve already started recording video and using videos in the marketing of your business or not, there are a few key things you may want to make sure you’re doing in order to maximize your exposure and time.
Video is highly searchable by the search engines online and it’s becoming one of the hottest ways for someone to experience you. It’s not going away so you want to start embracing it!
The top 4 reasons you want to start doing more video if you aren’t yet are:
- People get to experience you on a more personal basis without you having to be there with them.
- You can share more of your content that attracts prospects anytime you want and it can literally be seen by anyone anywhere in the world!
- Having videos gives you more of an edge over your competition and establishes you more of an expert in your industry.
- You can develop paid trainings people can buy online while you sleep!
How to shoot videos:
- Buy a webcam or flip camera or use the one on your desktop or laptop to get started.
- Get in a room with good lighting and an aesthetically pleasing background
- Put on extra makeup for the camera
- Have someone hold the camera or set it up with stand if using a portable one
- Turn on record and talk – its that simple!
- Download to your computer or save
- Open an account on YouTube.com
- Upload your videos, weekly if possible to YouTube – adding keywords and a written description of what you’re talking about with link to a web page on your website to find out more
- Make sure your YouTube account is set up to automatically feed into your social networks using an RSS feed so it gets repurposed in multiple places
What NOT to worry about when doing videos:
- When you’re just starting out, don’t pay a lot of money to get videos done, get your groove first for free then pay for a professional video on your website when “you’re ready” to really shine and you have a good call to action and script.
- What you look like or sound like – no one is as critical as you will be.
- Buying expensive audio or video equipment. Do what I suggest above for creating your videos for free first. Then when you get your groove or have more of a concrete strategy you can buy upgraded equipment.
Quick outline of what to say in promotional videos:
- Quick introduction – your name, title, business and website url plus what you’re going to share (i.e. quick biz tip or similar)
- Content or tip – share something useful, helpful or interesting in a minute or two if you can
- Close with a call to action – what do you want them to do? Go sign up on your website for information, call you, register for an event or teleclass?
Don’t worry about what you look like. Be personal, memorable and vulnerable. Encourage interaction with your audience and you will build followers. You can do this!
For more information on how to JumpStart your small business with creative ideas on all sorts of proven marketing strategies, developing systems, higher end programs, events and more, grab your free business-building gifts online at www.KatrinaSawa.com/freegifts.
“Helping You Get More LOVE In Your Life & MONEY In Your Business!”
Connect With Me Online: