One of the biggest things I recommend to small business owner clients to do in their business in order to help build their list and their visibility is to create and hold their own monthly teleseminars or webinars. I’m talking about holding FREE Calls or presentations here, not paid. Paid teleseminars and webinars are business models, not marketing strategies.
This can be a very quick way to get introduced to thousands of people and prospects in your target market. It’s relatively easy to create a teleseminar or webinar and get it out there to the masses.
Last week I wrote Part 1 of this article which included more detail on the first 4 steps of this 5 step system so go review that on this website for the first part of this then come back to learn how to promote your teleseminar or webinar!
Here’s a quick system for creating and promoting teleseminars and webinars every single month consistently to be seen, heard and known more in your business.
STEP 1: Develop the idea for what you’ll speak or present on.
STEP 2: Create the page on your website where you’ll drive people to opt in to get access to your teleseminar or webinar.
STEP 3: Choose when to do this and how far out to give yourself for proper promotion time
STEP 4: The Set Up. Which technology will you use and what do you send when?
STEP 5: Start telling people about your event – MARKET IT LIKE CRAZY! There are numerous ways to market and promote a free call such as this to your email list, your followers on social media and even to people you meet out at live events. The goal is to get new people on your list first and then from there, have those subscribers get to know, like and trust you better with a deeper experience of you in a presentation such as this. You want to get this free information out to as many people as possible using the following methods and strategies however you can for maximum exposure.
- Your own emails, posts and mentions on your social media sites and pages.
- Asking others in groups you belong to on social media sites or friends and followers of yours to “share” the information out about your free call. Thanking them of course when they do so.
- Contact specific people who would make a good referral sources for you or who are a complimentary business professional as you who focuses on a similar target market. Ask them to share the call via email or social media.
- Post information about the call on your blog as a separate post linking to the opt in page.
- Record a video or two or three about what you’ll be covering on the call and tell them on the video where to go register for free.
- Post the call information on websites that have event calendars such as Today’s Innovative Woman Magazine. When you’re a contributing author you can submit your events to the calendar! Many times this opportunity is free.
- Submit a press release to the online PR websites or to your local media as well.
- Develop a Facebook event for the call, even though it’s free and they can say they want to attend on Facebook, you still want to make them register on your opt in page to get them on the list. Do not just give the call in information all over Facebook or online. But it is a way to call attention to your event.
- Have other suggestions on what YOU do to promote YOUR calls and events? Post them in the comments below this post. I’d love to hear what you do and so would everyone else I’m sure.
For more information on how to JumpStart your small business with creative ideas and a clear plan to reach your unique target market find out how to talk with me in a complimentary Strategy Session, go fill out the questionnaire at www.AskKat.biz. Let’s plot out YOUR Big Picture Strategy now to get a jumpstart on your year! Oh and if you know you could use better and more consistent marketing and sales strategies then join me at my NEW Jumpstart Your Marketing® & Sales Summit in April, 2014. Visit www.LiveBigEvents.com for all the details.
About the Author
© Copyright 2013 K. Sawa Marketing international Inc.
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it:
Katrina Sawa is known as The JumpStart Your Biz Coach because she literally kicks her clients and their businesses into high gear. She works with highly motivated women entrepreneurs that want to maximize their business to make more money, enjoy more free time and fully embrace your happiest life ever. Katrina uses online and offline strategies to leverage your resources, contacts and your expertise; plus she kicks you in the butt to implement it all too! Katrina is an author, speaker and coach and she has been featured on the Oprah and Friends XMRadioNetwork and is a regular Business Expert on News 10 in Sacramento. Get her Free Entrepreneur’s Success Kit online at www.JumpStartYourMarketing.com!