As a small business owner you’re probably doing a ton of things yourself in your business – some you need to do but some also that maybe you shouldn’t be doing, right?
In talking with hundreds of entrepreneurs every month I find that the majority of them (you/us) struggle with our email inboxes…they’re overflowing right?
- Overwhelmed with email and your inbox
- Feeling like you’re tied to it or it follows you around (on your smart phone)
- Confused on how to organize it better – the flow, the emails you need, the spam, etc.
- Ignoring it all together
- Wondering how you can ever take a vacation (or a couple days off) and NOT check in
- Or you’ve got it down and thoroughly organized like a well-oiled machine
Well, if you’re NOT in the situation of the very last point then you may be interested to know a few things you can do to better manage your emails and inbox. After all, you’re wasting hours a month deleting and sorting through emails you don’t even need to show up in the first place.
The following are 4 tips I suggest to better manage your emails:
- Sort and organize your emails – Use the rules option in your mailbox feature to send specific emails into their own folders in your inbox to start.
- I send all the emails from my team (various VAs) to one folder so I can hammer out responses all at one time every hour or couple hours or so as it fits my time schedule.
- I send all my email newsletters (the ones I do want to keep) to a newsletter folder in my inbox to read when I have time. Guess what? Rarely do I ever have time nor do I miss them!
- I send all emails from particular people like my own coach, my mastermind or other group I may be a part of to their own respective folders to keep them organized and my main inbox less cluttered.