Can you believe that on the day Jason and I were so excited for him to finally be done with his radiation and chemo appointments (yesterday)….that immediately following his last treatment, he was in so much pain they rushed him to the ER and found he had blood clots in his lungs! Excuse my language here but What The Frig!
We are so disappointed mind you that this stupid cancer journey is not yet behind us. I know it will never be behind us with all the regular appointments you have to do following and for the rest of your life but geez already, give him a break.
So, yes, that’s what I’m dealing with this week. So cancel the networking events, cancel my trip to LA next week, it’s more important that I’m here with him. It’s just so disappointing and frustrating. I’m hoping I don’t have to postpone my free webinar I’m giving tomorrow bright and early too as I feel like I’m coming down with a cold. I’m going to see what I feel like when I wake up but if you’ve registered for that, make sure you check your email before 9 am PST! Here’s the page to register however if you haven’t yet done so, it’s going to be good whether I do ittomorrow OR next week, trust me.
I’m sorry to be such a Debbie Downer today on you but you know what one of the nurses said yesterday….just talking out loud to us in the room….she said “Well everybody gets some kind of cancer these days, it’s just so common”. So be prepared. Don’t focus on it of course but get your business ready, and get prepared “just in case” you can’t work at it daily like you are now. Plan for the “What If” and be grateful when nothing happens.
This is why I’m just so passionate about two things….
- Helping you make more money in your business while having it more leveraged and systematized so you’re not working so hard AND
- Having the love of your life in your life so you can have someone by your side, in good times and in bad. It’s what I’ve been talking about for years now:
Love + Money (+ Health) = Complete Happiness
Please come talk with me if your business is NOT set up well for automated marketing, systematized selling processes, leveraged revenue streams and effective online lead generation. The time is now, do not wait to pass GO, do not wait to collect $200. It doesn’t cost a dime and it will save you (or make you) thousands of dollars in targeted action steps. –>>> www.AskKat.biz
Don’t get sucked in to someone telling you that you should do it this way or that way and having that be the ONLY way you make money or grow your business. ONE way doesn’t work for the majority trust me.
I wanted to share a few of my “working remotely” resources and tips – this is a picture of me working at one of Jason’s treatments in the cancer center this week. It’s freezing in there, sweats are in order even though its 100 degrees out!
Working Remotely Resources:
- Logmein.com – I love this resource because it allows me to access my desktop from anywhere and any computer. I realize many of you work from your laptop and hence when you travel you take your laptop and your whole business and files with you, that’s great. But for those of you who have a desktop computer at your home/office (I have a big giant Mac), you can’t take that with you when you travel OR in case you have to go back and forth to the hospital or somewhere else and work on a daily basis, it’s nice to be able to access your files from anywhere. I bring my laptop along but then I don’t have to double up all my files or move too much over to my laptop and it stays pretty secure without my entire business on it. It’s like $79/year I believe so not that expensive.
- Also as a division of Logmein. they offer a screen share software called join.me. I use this now for my webinars, like the one I’m doing tomorrow. It’s not a “perfect” system for doing webinars but I don’t do that many at this time so it’s good enough. Plus I can use it with clients to show them how to do stuff on social media or their websites, etc. It’s $19/mo.
- Carbonite.com – This is the remote data backup system that I use on my desktop to protect my files. I highly recommend you get an online backup system because let’s face it, you won’t manually back up your files as much as you hope to so it’s better to be protected. And for like $59/year it’s a super good deal. It runs while I’m sleeping too so no down time. Here’s the site to go check it out.
- Filezilla.com – This is an FTP free software that I use to upload files to my website so that I can just use a link for someone to be able to access them. If you want to have someone be able to download or view a PDF or listen to an MP3 file for example as a freebie you may have offered or as part of a paid product or program, you will most likely want to upload that file to your website so it can be linked. The days of attaching files to an email are long gone, especially if that file is many Megabites large which MP3 files are.
- WordPress.org – The .org is different than the .com apparently, I learned this from my website techy team. The .org templates allow you a lot more flexibility, functionality and user friendly layouts with opt in capabilities and so much more. Don’t get sucked in to the free templates, invest in your website, it’s actually YOUR MOST IMPORTANT MARKETING TOOL besides yourself! What I love about my wordpress websites is that I can login from anywhere and update a page or add a post, it’s amazing.
- Did you know that I have an entire Website and Techy Services Department in my Company that you can utilize? It’s for that jumpstart you need with your own site or the new site you need but aren’t sure who to have build it for you. We’re the best team on the internet because you get me – sales and marketing strategist and big picture website planning PLUS my extremely knowledgable website and techy specialists. We typically only handle clients sites or ezines, social media work, etc. that we’re already working with but ask me more about it if you’re in the market right now, we might be a very good fit for you!
- Contact me here about websites and techy work now or SIGN UP for a 60 min Jumpstart Your Website Planning Meeting with me 1on1 and let’s figure out what you need (no obligation to use our services beyond the planning call by the way!).
Have a great week!
The JumpStart Your Biz Coach, Speaker &
Author of the book, Love Yourself Successful
“Kicking YOU and YOUR Business Into High Gear!”
P.S. Get your FREE Entrepreneur’s Success Kit plus a couple other Free Gifts online at www.JumpStartYourMarketing.com/freegifts!
P.P.S. – Because the truth is that most of you need to be doing almost everything I share with you in my videos and newsletters yet you’re ignoring me, hiding your head in the sand, or you just don’t open the emails because you don’t want to know. And frankly this is what’s hurting your business.
Instead I would rather see you stop working so hard at things that are not working and instead learn what you need to do to jumpstart your business in 90 days and over the next year so that you don’t have to work so hard, you can systematize things you’re doing and even delegate things that you don’t like to do or don’t know how to do but still need to be doing so that more things get done, more prospects get reached, more sales get made and more money goes in your pocket.
But even better than that is the bigger impact you make on more people in this world.