The First Step to Working ON Your Business
Rather Than Just IN It – LEARNING!
In November and December my Teleclasses will cover “What to do when business is slow: How to work ON your business rather than just IN it”. And in the following 3 weeks after this one, I will share with you the Second, Third and Fourth Steps to Working ON Your Business so stay tuned and make sure to read my ezine (or I’ll post in this blog too) in the next few weeks for sure!!
So, I want to give you a few resources and tips in the next few weeks on things you can do to keep learning – because an entrepreneur that keeps learning will implement new practices and strategies to be more successful and free, one who doesn’t simply has a JOB.
This week I want to share my recommendations for books to read for the small business owner and entrepreneur. I’ve listed them here based on where you would be in your business at the time.
They say that ‘Millionaires’ read a ton of books, some even one a week because they know that ‘knowledge is power’.
I have to admit, I haven’t gotten to that level yet, I still only read a few a year (and really prefer them on CD to listen to). However, I also go to numerous workshops, seminars to learn in person and I subscribe to multiple email newsletters which give tips on things that are in the books that I want to read. I find that short emails are easier to read and retain sometimes so it’s good that you read my ezines because I do bring you a lot of this type of stuff quickly and easily that you should be able to digest.
But Kat, why do you keep suggesting we need to think like Millionaires??
“Duh!” I say, that’s my vision and goal, isn’t it yours???
Well, it would be nice but why is making millions so important to you?
“That’s a good question”.
My goal is to be totally and completely free from worry about making money so that I can do greater things, give back more and really make a difference in the lives of people I come in contact with (online or in person). Most of you know I’m an extremely giving person already but imagine what I could do if I didn’t ever have to worry about making another sale again??
What could you do?? What would you do??
So, let’s get started LEARNING. Here are some of the books I and my mentors suggest.
For people interested in starting a new business or those who just started I definitely recommend starting with (in this order):
– The E Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber
– No B.S. Business Success, The Ultimate No Holds Barred Kick Butt Take No Prisoners Tough & Spirited Guide by Dan Kennedy
– No B.S. Wealth Attraction for Entrepreneurs, The Ultimate No Holds Barred Kick Butt Take No Prisoners Guide to Really Getting Rich by Dan Kennedy – this book totally changed the way I thought about business, wealth and success
– The Most Complete Marketing Planning Guide and Tool Kit on the Net by Katrina Sawa – this is chock full of everything you will need to learn about and implement in your new business – it’s taken from my years as a start up, my learning experiences, my best practices and those of hundreds of my clients in 5 years. Get this now and have this shipped out right away!
– The 7 Habits of Highly Successful People by Stephen R. Covey
– Katrina Sawa’s 1-on-1 Planning Meeting for those of you who like to learn in person from someone who knows what you should be doing to get started – the time to come to me is BEFORE you start your new business because I will help you to NOT make the mistakes you are destined to make and SAVE YOU a lot of time and money with advice that is guaranteed to work for you! This is my signature service that will give you clarity and focus in your business to work smarter not harder. Go to www.1on1planningmeeting.com for info.
For people who’ve been in business for a few years and maybe need a JumpStart (in this order):
– Read the above for sure, then –>
– Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill – this is the “what-to-do and how-to-do-it” book. In it you will find the magic of self-direction, organized planning, auto suggestion, master-mind association, an amazingly revealing system of self analysis, detailed plans for selling your personal services and so much more. If you read this a while ago, I urge you to read it again for a new perspective on where you are now.
– No B.S. Time Management for Entrepreneurs, The Ultimate No Holds Barred Kick Butt Take No Prisoners Guide to Time Productivity & Sanity by Dan Kennedy
– The Power and Soul Book by Alexandria Brown and 41 other Successful Entrepreneurs (this is the one I wrote a chapter in) – it will inspire you, motivate you AND give you practical advice and suggestions that you may not have thought of. Go to my site and pick up this book now.
– Katrina Sawa’s 1-on-1 Planning Meeting for those of you who want some expert advice on how to maximize your time and money so you can get more clients with ease – I GUARANTEE that you are NOT doing some very basic things in your business now that can easily DOUBLE YOUR REVENUES! This is my signature service that will give you clarity and focus in your business to work smarter not harder. Go to www.1on1planningmeeting.com for info.
For people who’ve been in business for 5-10+ years or so and who are ready for a whole new level of business – the desire for residual income, different income streams, etc. – what to do and how to get to this!
– Read the above for sure first, then –>
– Reread Think and Grow Rich for sure if you didn’t above
– Multiple Streams of Coaching Income by Andrea Lee
– The One Minute Millionaire by Robert G. Allen
– The 4-Hour Work Week by Timothy Ferriss
– How to Make Millions with Your Ideas, An Entrepreneur’s Guide by Dan Kennedy
– The Online Success Blueprint Workshop in a Box (or go to the workshop itself) by Alexandria Brown (my mentor) – this will help you change your business model for sure, it did for me! Find out more and get on her list!
– Get personal 1-On-1 Business and Marketing Coaching from ME to help you implement it all, get the resources you need to automate your business and delegate so you have more free time! I take all of these concepts and teach them to you myself for a lot less than these people can (at least for now) go to www.1on1planningmeeting.com.
Now – If you want to know WHAT ELSE you might want to be doing in order to really get a JUMPSTART on your marketing and increase your business with a TON OF NEW CUSTOMERS this time of year then…
I urge you to come to my Teleclasses on the 4th Tuesday of each month (except Dec.) at 3:00 pm (Pacific). If I give you three, two or even ONE NEW FANTASTIC IDEA to GET NEW CLIENTS NOW it would be worth thousands of dollars probably depending on your ‘cost per new customer’ so $47 per month is a steal right?
You can’t even buy an hour of my time for this price and you get me for two hours on the Teleclasses PLUS TWO 1-ON-1 LASER COACHING CALLS TO BOOT!
So, sign up for the Mentor Program now and let’s get moving working ON your business rather than just IN it!!! Go sign up now and then mark your calendar for Tuesdays (plus all the other benefits you’ll get when you sign up)!
If you can’t make the Teleclasses? –> Don’t worry, you’ll still get the recordings of the calls emailed to you AND you’ll get a CD of it mailed to you too!!
Too busy to work on this now?? –> Don’t let a busy work schedule get in the way of you learning how to increase your business otherwise you’ll always just have a JOB!
You don’t have the $47 now?? –> Well, I suggest you find it or this will be one of the BIGGEST MISSED OPPORTUNITIES you’ll experience in a while! It’s time to ‘step it up’!
So, sign up for the Mentor Program now and let’s get moving working ON your business rather than just IN it!!! Go sign up now!
Testimonial —- “Katrina is giving me all the tools I will ever need.”
“I just had a 2 hour intensive class with Katrina and my head is still reeling with all the fantastic information and tips that she gave me. She is truly awesome and gave me ideas that I would never have thought of myself. I’m new to owning a business and never had to worry about relationship building or marketing before. Katrina is giving me all the tools I will ever need. I can’t wait for the next session. Thanks Katrina!!” ~ Chris Wagner, owner Waggy’s Pet Sitting Service, www.waggyspetsitting.com – I use her services too!
© Copyright K. Sawa Marketing 2007
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE OR WEB SITE?You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Katrina Sawa is a Relationship Marketing Coach, Speaker and Award Winning Ezine Publisher who helps small business owners and entrepreneurs make the most of their marketing dollars and time by developing creative, effective marketing and follow up systems for her clients. For more info on her planning meetings, do-it-yourself products or email newsletter set up service visit her at www.JumpStartYourMarketing.com and you’ll get her FREE REPORT: “The Top 3 Ways to JumpStart Your Marketing”.
Katrina Out —
Please Share, Follow and Like: