Want to know when to start marketing?
In Part 1 of this article, I covered what marketing really is and how to jumpstart your business and marketing….
Beyond all of that however, where should you start marketing or building a following?
- Your Database – This should be everyone and anyone you “have access to” or often termed: your circle of influence. This could be anyone you know, do business with, are involved with inside organizations you belong to and even your social media connections. This does not mean you go add them all to an email newsletter database however but consider everyone you know and have access to as potential prospects or referral sources.
- Depending on who they are and how you know them then, depends on the approach you use to connect and nurture that relationship. (or market to them)
- In Person – You’ll want to meet as many new people as possible and for most small businesses, that means getting out in person where your ideal prospects hang out. When you meet people in person, it’s faster to build relationships where they like, trust and connect with you. Online marketing and connecting typically takes a lot longer.
If your goal is to build the business the right way from the start and you aren’t in urgent need of making money quickly necessarily then here is where I would start:
- Building your online presence – This is where most people will go to find out more about you, your products and services, your company, your philosophy, your values, your team, and more. These days people will make buying decisions based on your online presence, especially if they haven’t met you yet in person first.
Your online presence consists of all of the following:
- Your website
- Videos of you
- Your social media profiles and pages
- Your personality online and what you post or write (or the lack of)
- Google searches on your name or company name
- Your reviews or testimonials (or lack of)
- From the online presence comes “What you’re selling” – You must make it very clear on what you’re selling or no one will buy much less request more information.
This includes knowing more about and doing well with:
- Marketing messages
- Your unique selling preposition (what makes you different)
- Making it easy for people to understand what you’re doing, how to get information, how to contact you, how will what you offer benefit them.
I could go on and on here as you can tell but the point is to start marketing now.
Then if you’re not exactly sure what to do to market your business or get started building a following, building relationships and nurturing those relationships over time (which is crucial), then you need to ask for help from a professional.
There is way too much to know or learn about marketing, it would take years trying to figure it all out on your own, why not get a clear plan of action quickly from someone you can trust? It will help give you that jumpstart you want and need and save you a heck of a lot of time and money doing the wrong things.
If you’d like to discuss YOUR Marketing or Business Plan I would love that. I offer a complimentary business strategy session that people DO get big clarity in, it’s not just a sales conversation I promise. I want to be a resource for you, help steer you in the right direction to make SMART MARKETING DECISIONS and NOT see you fail or have to go back and get a J.O.B. because you weren’t able to jumpstart your business fast enough….let me help you now!
Sign up here –>> www.AskKat.biz
Here’s to creating and enjoying the business and life of your dreams!
The Jumpstart Your Biz Coach, Speaker &
Author of the book, Love Yourself Successful
“Kicking YOU and YOUR Business Into High Gear Making a LOT More MONEY Doing What
P.S. Get your FREE Entrepreneur’s Success Kit at www.JumpStartYourMarketing.com/freegifts!
Then GET READY to JumpStart your business in a BIG WAY? Join me at Love & Money LIVE!, a 3-Day Training Event for Entrepreneurs in Sacramento, CA – November 3, 4, & 5 2016! Get Early Bird Pricing and Valuable Bonuses if you Register NOW! Click link for details & registration at www.LoveandMoneyLive.com NOW!