If you’re a small business owner looking to grow your business fast, then you want to get networking! Networking in person can be your fastest path to quick cash flow if you have special offers and easy YES offers. Sure you can network online too but you most likely won’t gain the trust and credibility as fast as you will when you meet your prospects in person, face-to-face.
Networking continues to be one of my BEST sources of lead generation even now, 12 years into my business. I highly recommend it to ALL of my clients as well as their #1 marketing strategy.
I’m not “too good” to network and go to some chicken dinner either like some coaches who’ve been in business as long as I have.
It’s all about building relationships and connecting with more of the right people. prospects and referral sources. That’s what will help you grow your business FAST!
Due to my extensive networking background, I’ve done a few videos lately on what to do before, during and after a networking event plus I put together a list of my Top 20 Networking Tips too – just for you!
This week’s post is video #2 (during the event) and the top 10 tips, then next week I’ll share video #3 (after an event) and the last 10 tips in my Top 20 List. If you want to read my 6 Steps to Networking post or watch video #1 (before an event) then click here now!
Kat’s Top 20 Networking Tips (the first 10)
- Always shake a hand firmly (no fishy handshakes – if you’re not sure how good yours is try it out on someone you trust and ask them)
- Look people in the eye, don’t look beyond them or look around when you talk to them
- Wear clothes with pockets in them if possible and use one pocket for your cards and one for those you collect at events
- Make sure to write notes on the back of every card right away for easy remembering
- Practice your 10 sec, 30 sec and 60 sec infomercials because all meetings and events will ask for or warrant different lengths and have different scenarios. Be prepared to change it up a little depending on the audience and remember to stick in a call to action to make them DO SOMETHING.
- Get a name badge so people know who you are wherever you go – mixers, events, the store, etc. (it also adds credibility and professionalism and helps brand your image/logo), don’t rely on stickers.
- Build rapport and relationships with the people that you meet when networking, don’t try to sell right off the bat or expect them to use your services that first time they meet you. People get turned off with pushy people, however don’t forget to slip in a trial close now and then.
- Arrive at meetings and events early and be prepared to stay late and meet those people you don’t know yet – meet and get to know EVERYONE!
- Don’t go to something just because you think the speaker will have valuable information for you, go to network and if the speaker turns out to be good, then that’s a bonus.
- Bring flyers, brochures and business cards to display or hand out at every meeting just in case it’s appropriate and acceptable to pass them out or put them on display but keep them in your vehicle for easy access so you don’t look too eager (not the biz cards, bring those in – and a pen!)
I also did a 3 part Video Series on the topic of Networking, here is video #2:
- Video Biz Tip: How to Maximize Networking Events – Part 2 of 3 — During the Event
- Watch for the next video tip coming soon!
HERE ARE 3 ACTION STEPS YOU CAN TAKE NOW TO LEARN HOW TO ADD MORE NETWORKING TO YOUR MARKETING PLAN:
- Grab Kat’s Networking Tradeshow Tool Kit for $57 and develop a better process for more prospects – go to https://www.jumpstartyourmarketing.com/product-tradeshow.
- Grab a FREE COPY of her Entrepreneurs Success Kit now + 3 other Free Gifts – Sign up at www.JumpstartYourMarketing.com/freegifts.
Join me in November and let’s jumpstart your business!
Go to www.LiveBigEvents.com for all the details and sign up today!
The JumpStart Your Biz Coach, Speaker &
Author of the book, Love Yourself Successful
“Kicking YOU and YOUR Business Into High Gear to Create Your Happiest Life Ever Full of lots of LOVE & MONEY!”