–>> Pick up the PHONE.
Yes I know this isn’t always fun. But can I tell you that about 1 out of every 5 calls I make where I can actually talk to someone live it turns into a sale of something OR it turns into a great joint relationship and we end up doing something together and promoting each other! Seriously. And my clients who actually do make their follow up calls too experience the same results if not better for the most part.
Face it, you’ve got to call people in this day and world of marketing. In fact, many of them are WAITING FOR YOUR CALL! You’ll see.
Everyone is just too busy to pay attention to just emails that come from you, even a mailer now and then. That is not enough if you want more business.
Here are a few reasons why you want to pick up the phone and who to be calling:
- Call current or previous customers to find out if they need more, want more, need help, have referrals, etc.
- Call people that you know or don’t know that would be or are great referral partners/sources for you – complimentary business professionals with similar target customers. Find out if or how you can help each other or to see if they would promote you to their list.
- Call everyone you meet out networking or anywhere to follow up with them – business networking events, association meetings, skids soccer games, PTA, golf, etc. Find out if or how you can help each other, if they’d be interested in talking with you about your services, give them free gifts to get them on your list and more.
- Call individuals that can book you as a speaker or guest somewhere – in person, on the phone, on a radio show or TV. Always be on the lookout for opportunities to speak but you do have to plan ahead for the bigger engagements and events!
- Call other complimentary business owners to see if there’s some way you could refer business to each other – in person workshop, email marketing, direct mail promotion, social media support, article swapping, blog posting, teleclass guests, joint venture. There are so many ways that you can co-promote with other people basically for free but you and they are too busy to stop and pay attention to this strategy so take the time to reach out and bring up some good ideas and get them going!
This sort of follow up and connecting is not typically the stuff you want to delegate, you want to do this type of connecting if at all possible in your business.
These are revenue generating marketing strategies that work if you do them!
© Copyright 2011 K. Sawa Marketing International Inc.
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE OR WEB SITE? To publish this article in your ezine or website please include the following blurb: Katrina Sawa is an Award-Winning Author, Speaker and International JumpStart Your Biz Coach who’s helped hundreds of small business owners take dramatic steps in their businesses to get them to the next level in business, revenues and their personal life. She offers one-on-one coaching, group coaching and do-it-yourself business-building products. She’s been featured on various news talk shows and radio shows including Oprah and Friends XM Radio. Go online now to get started with her F.ree Entrepreneur’s Success Kit at http://www.