Do you have a strategy or do you just send emails out hap-hazardly?
Most entrepreneurs I see in my coaching business or who attend my live events are doing the latter. Of course what you want to do is have a big picture strategy first, then the actual getting it done becomes a lot easier.
Now, email marketing is just ONE piece of the overall pie that your business would want to be focusing on for marketing but you want to maximize your time with it so it doesn’t take up too much time either. There is more to do than just this one marketing and follow up strategy…
In order to have a good, efficient and results-oriented email marketing strategy you want to consider and/or implement the following things:
- Have an approved list – make sure the people you are sending emails to regularly via your email marketing system or service have agreed either in person, verbally or opted in on your website to receive your emails. Otherwise if they have not, you are spamming, plain and simple. (See my Ultimate Marketing Follow Up System though to know what to do with those non-opted-in people however because you can entice them to want to get your emails but it’s very strategic messaging you’ll want to use.)
- Plan out your content – using a Content Marketing Calendar is best when you’re not as accustomed to delivering regular emails to your list. This way you have special themes or promotions planned out and it’s easier to figure out what to write or talk about each month in your emails.
- Make sure you do use an actual email marketing program such as either a shopping cart such as Jumpstart Shopping Cart or a service that just sends approved emails for you such as Constant Contact, Aweber or MailChimp.
- Develop some templates for you to use for emailing. I always recommend having a newsletter looking template with sections and header and then also more of a casual template or announcement template with little branding and structure.
- Set a schedule for when you’ll send what and stick to it. You really need to touch your subscribers more than just once a month so a newsletter every other week is recommended to start. You can do weekly with less content if you’d like but it’s not necessary.
- Delegate whatever you don’t like to do or want to do regarding sending out your emails. I do recommend you try to develop the content as much as you can especially if your business features you. Dealing with the technology however or putting the components of your email together to send out could be something someone else does.
- Always pay attention to creating really attention getting subject lines so your emails are more likely to get opened.
- Finally, check your statistics often and revise your approach and strategy as needed. You’ll see which topics your subscribers gravitate towards more plus other stats to help you develop more content or even paid programs and products.
Meanwhile, if you want someone to talk this out with you to help you figure out which options are best for you and your business specifically, then I’d love to either talk with you in a Free One-Time Coaching Call, find out about that here OR I could work with you on this and many other aspects of your business and marketing at my next Jumpstart Your Marketing & Sales Summit. We review and work on every nitty gritty marketing strategy and system such as this one thoroughly at this event which you can find out more about at www.LiveBigEvents.com.
Either way, here’s to creating and enjoying your happiest life ever with a business doing what you love!
The JumpStart Your Biz Coach, Speaker &
Author of the book, Love Yourself Successful
“Kicking YOU and YOUR Business Into High Gear!”
P.S. Get your FREE Entrepreneur’s Success Kit plus a couple other Free Gifts online at www.JumpStartYourMarketing.com/freegifts!
P.P.S. Ready to jumpstart your business in a BIG WAY? You probably need to be doing a LOT more marketing and sales – online and offline. I recommend you check out what I do at my 3 1/2 day live training twice a year. The next event is in November but there are a bunch of bonuses and early bird rates when you sign up now at: www.LiveBigEvents.com
P.P.P.S. Would you like to come talk with me first to see if or how I can help you jumpstart your business? If so, fill out the questions on this page and I’ll be in touch to set up a free 1on1 consult very soon! Go to www.KatrinaSawa.com/FreeCallWithKat
© Copyright 2014 K. Sawa Marketing International Inc.