Last week I wrote an article about WHY you should consider joining a Mastermind program. This week I am going to go over what makes a TRUE mastermind and how to know the difference.
THE #1 REASON I started my own mastermind program for my clients is because being in these types of programs for me was the single best thing that catapulted my business so fast in the last few years. I wanted to offer that same type of accelerated learning, access and support to a select group of entrepreneurs like you who want to get where you want to go FASTER as well. It’s a great program to offer if you like to work closely with your clients in a small group but it’s also a way to transform your business and do it quickly.
Aren’t all Mastermind groups the same? NNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!
To me, a true mastermind is NOT:
· A group of over 15 people
- More self-learning modules in the program than one-on-one access with the lead Mentor
- Being coached by the lead Mentor’s co-coach, not the lead Mentor themselves
- A program where you don’t feel like someone is truly ‘with you’ working on your business all year long (Trust me, I had this issue in one of the masterminds I was a part of and I didn’t feel like my Mentor cared too much about me or what I was doing in my business hence the advice I got was not always in my best interest.)
A true mastermind to me IS:
- A group of 4-15 like-minded entrepreneurs who are there to give as well as receive.
- Working hand in hand with your mentor to achieve the big goals and big picture dreams for you and your business and having a good amount of monthly access to them one-on-one
- Feeling like you are a part of a family who truly cares about you, who inspires and loves you and who would do anything for you (and people you stay in touch with for years after your group experience is over.)
Either you absolutely know you want to get into ONE of these programs and you are deciding NOW which one you will join…..
Or you aren’t sure if this is the next step for you and your business, it’s a big investment and you’re not sure HOW it will pan out if you do it; meaning what will the return on investment be?
This is a common question but very hard to answer because it will depend on you. It will depend on if you get into the right program for where you are now in your business and then how you commit to the group and to yourself to working the program for all it has.
What it all comes down to is how do you most like to learn and how are you most productive?
You have to know your best learning style so you choose and invest in the programs and products that fit you and how you best learn so you don’t waste your money.
I, for example, am NOT a good product learner. I don’t have good luck purchasing a home study kit or other listen to/read type of product and then actually sitting down working my way through it. It will sit on my shelf forever unless I pass it on to an assistant to read and learn and then THEY can implement whatever it is or give me the ‘cliff notes’.
Instead, I learn best by working one-on-one with a Mentor who’s doing what I want to do or going where I want to go. You know…
- Someone who’s still in the trenches themselves.
- Someone who’s investing in themselves as they ask me to invest in them.
- Someone who’s learning from other big thinkers and money makers so that knowledge will trickle on down to me as well.
I learn well in a workshop atmosphere too but then if I don’t quickly act on the information I learn, it just sits on my shelf once again. Having a Mentor and true Mastermind group to hold me accountable, help guide me in all my big ideas and implementation is truly the glue for me that holds my business together while it accelerates at the speed of light from one level to the next, and the next, and the next.
Do you learn best by teleclasses, group trainings, workshops and online self-administer recordings and interaction or do you need or want more one-on-one mentoring, advice, guidance, resources, feedback and recommendations from your mentor or coach?
That’s where your decision should lie in whose mastermind or coaching program you should join.
You want to go where you’ll have the best experience, implement the most, learn and achieve the most and feel the most supported.
Want to watch a video of me going into much more detail All About Mastermind Programs? Click on over to my blog now and watch and learn.
I would also invite you to explore my Live Big Mastermind at www.LiveBigMastermind.com. It is the BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK right now if you’re looking for a TRUE Mastermind Program that will inspire you, show you the HOW, get you implementing, shift your mindset so you can think bigger, support you and love you the whole way through and then give you the one-on-one access to ME for as much advice, resources, feedback, ideas and more that you can handle! Enrollment is going on right now for 8 highly motivated women entrepreneurs who want to make drastic changes to your business fast.
About the Author
© Copyright 2013 K. Sawa Marketing international Inc.
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it:
|Katrina Sawa is known as The JumpStart Your Biz Coach because she literally kicks her clients and their businesses into high gear. Katrina is the creator of the JumpStart Your Marketing™ System, JumpStart Your Business in 90 Days System and 7 Step Love & Money System of which she holds a live event on every year. She works with motivated women entrepreneurs who want to start, grow and market your business the right way from the start. Katrina helps you move faster and more affordably towards your ultimate revenue and professional goals using online and offline marketing strategies, plus she kicks you in the butt to implement it all too! Katrina is an author, speaker and coach who has been featured on the Oprah and Friends XMRadioNetwork, News10 and Good Day Sacramento. Get her Free Entrepreneur’s Success Kit and 2 other Free Business-Building Gifts online at www.JumpStartYourMarketing.com/gifts!|