What’s keeping you from enjoying the lifestyle you really want? Or from designing a business around doing what you love?
Worry? Stress? Doubt? Money? Time? Others? Mindset?
I believe ANYONE can build the business of their dreams doing what they LOVE.
Most people however, when they set out to start up their own business, just think they can print a business card and design a quick website and have a business make them money. That’s not reality however.
The truth is, it takes time and training to be a business owner. We aren’t all born with the “how to know how to start and run a successful business” gene. We need to learn what to do and how to do it.
Take a nurse for example. If you wanted to become a nurse, you wouldn’t just walk into a hospital in some scrubs you bought for yourself and start poking people with needles right? You’d go to Nursing School for a few years to learn EXACTLY WHAT TO DO and how to do your job.
And even an attorney has to go to Law School. They can’t just walk into a courtroom and start trying a case! That would be against the law plus they’d most likely lose their case since they wouldn’t know what they’re doing right?
Yet entrepreneurs often think they can walk into their own business and start helping clients or selling their products and services without proper training. Now if you have previous sales and marketing training from another job or school, you could probably get somewhat far making money, you could. But you’ll get stuck somewhere. Most likely it will be in how to run your business efficiently and how not to be in chaos in the back end.
And for those without any or much sales and marketing training at all but maybe you know the backend systems, processes, financial end of it all, etc. you will most likely not know how to effectively sell or convert enough clients into your services in order to reach your goals.
There is so much to know when you start up your own business that it just makes sense to get help. It’s a lot faster too. Don’t fall into this trap and get stuck wasting your time or money in the wrong places and not seeing results soon.
Here are 5 Steps to Building a Profitable Business Doing What You Love:
1. Define your vision – think really BIG! (the new plan)
2. Choose your model (s) – do what feels right today
- The Key to Designing Your Business Around the Kind of Lifestyle You Want to Live is…LEVERAGE
- What can you add: membership model, group program, live event, online classes, teleclasses/webinars, ebooks and products, etc.?
3. Basic business set up – technology, systems, team
- Get the Help & Training You Need to Develop the Big Picture Plan for Your Business
- Learn & Create Systems
- Implement automated processes online for sales, follow up, communication, lead generation, etc.
- Develop & Prewrite Templates
- Write templates for follow up and other marketing tasks to delegate or reach more people faster
- Duplicate & Replace Yourself
- At home or work – hire someone to clean house or mow the lawn plus add team members
4. Jumpstart your marketing – take massive imperfect action, implement like crazy
- Get in front of more people, more often and in more ways – massive marketing and lead generation is needed, more than most people think!
- Make it easier for people to buy – use online technology and your website as the hub of your business but also have Easy Yes Offers in person to make fast cash.
- Create your interactive, relationship marketing, follow up and sales system so that you can funnel more of the right prospects in at one time, not having to touch them all individually yourself right off the bat.
5. Evolve – reflect, revise & what’s next?
For more information on how to JumpStart your small business with creative ideas and a clear business strategy, find out how to talk with me in a complimentary Strategy Session. Go fill out the questionnaire at www.AskKat.biz. Let’s plot out YOUR Big Picture Strategy now before it’s too late! Go grab your 3 free business-building gifts at www.JumpstartYourMarketing.com/freegifts.
The JumpStart Your Biz Coach, Speaker &
Author of the book, Love Yourself Successful
“Kicking YOU and YOUR Business Into High Gear!”
P.P.S. Ready to jumpstart your business in a BIG WAY? You probably need to be doing a LOT more marketing and sales – online and offline. I recommend you attend my next Jumpstart Your Marketing & Sales Summit, I promise this will be the most informative, useful business seminar you attend all year. Go check out what it’s all about and when: www.LiveBigEvents.com