Formatting your book or ebook correctly is absolutely vital to having it read or purchased and especially to getting RAVE REVIEWS!
Here are a few formatting tips for ebooks:
- Make the content easy to read, meaning use words most people use and write like you talk perhaps
- Put bulletpoints in and paragraph breaks often so it’s not just paragraph after paragraph of content
- Make it easy to click to each chapter from within the Table of Contents
- Be careful adding too many pictures, it will make your file very large and not as easily downloadable for users, most ebook readers prefer text only
- Add links to pages in your website for easy clicking and opting in for free stuff!
- Have enough white space so the text isn’t all crunched together please, that’s just annoying
- Have easy to scan copy with lots of smaller paragraphs just like in the ebooks, bulletpoints, numbers perhaps if you’re sharing steps to something and even pictures I think.
- Pictures will add pages to your book if you haven’t written something very long or if you want to spread out the copy a bit. Be careful using pictures that are only good if used in color, color is VERY EXPENSIVE to print in a book! Think about adding a color version to your book on your website perhaps if the pictures really are better in color, then you can link to it from your chapters and also hopefully get people on your email list!
- Please remember to drive people to your website whatever you do… add in things perhaps like “Action Steps” at the end of each chapter, or a “Book Resources Download Page” for audios, video content and more.
- Use a header and footer for your pages, it can change for left or right sided pages also so you can alternate what’s on those, but use that space to include your business name, website or title of your book even.
The Jumpstart Your Biz Coach, Speaker &
Author of the book, Love Yourself Successful
“Showing You HOW to Make a LOT More Money Doing What You Love!