What do you do when a prospect says no?
What do you do when a prospect says no?
- Do you give up the first time and say okay, bye?
- Or do you ask why?
- Do you try to get to the heart of the real reason they’re saying no?
If you give up too easily, or too soon, then you’re missing out on thousands and thousands of dollars in sales in your business.
For most prospects, their first no is just to see if you can overcome their objections. It’s not that they do this consciously, but unconsciously. Many people innately want to protect themselves from buying, so their subconscious triggers the standard responses that may not even be the real reason or real response they truly want to give.
When you’re in a sales conversation one-on-one with somebody there’s a lot more to do than just present the features and benefits of your program product or service and ask them if they want to buy.
The sales conversation is a dance that you have to learn, it’s not a skill we’re all born with. Some are better than others at this dance but we all have to learn how to do this better and more authentically to us. You can’t avoid learning more about sales and honing your sales skills just because you don’t want to be considered “salesy”. You just need to learn how to do it in a way that makes you feel good about it and that ALSO gets you the RESULTS that you want.
There are many phrases, words, and strategies to use within a sales conversation and it varies depending on your industry, type of business, level of confidence, skill, and opportunity in which you are engaging with a prospect.
If you don’t know what those are, and when to interject which, then you could lose the sale more often than not and you definitely are probably a little ill prepared on what to do when the prospect says no.
The words that you use and the things that you say in the sales conversation are critical to your success, and frankly critical to you serving your new customer or client. I’m assuming here that you have an amazing program product or service that is going to benefit your prospect tremendously here, I’m not just talking about selling people at random or because we are just out to “sell” someone. Selling is serving though and you do have to embrace that if you’re a business owner or you will most likely never get ahead.
Without sales your business cannot survive. Without clients, you cannot serve or help others so I urge you to do whatever it takes to hone your sales skills… sooner rather than later.
If you know that handling objections, conversations like these, and even writing copy for your web pages where you want people to go click and buy, are things that you should probably be working on then you want to take a look at what’s going on this weekend. Check it out…
If you realize that you often don’t know WHAT to do when a prospect says no or how to get more prospects to speak with you in the first place, then you want to check this out. I promise that working on this will help you help more people while you’re also building a much more profitable business for yourself and your family.
I happen to be giving away a 30-minute video training on handling objections in your sales conversations. It’s included with a few other items in the Jumpstart Your Sales Now Package that I’m giving away absolutely free right now via the Ultimate Sales Confidence Giveaway that’s going on through tomorrow, May 31st.
I mentioned this giveaway once before in an email earlier this week but if you haven’t gone to register for this yet and any of the above resonates with you… now is the time.
Besides my free package, you can get access to many other free sales-oriented scripts, outlines, checklist, products, and more that are also included in this free giveaway. Run over to this page right and take full advantage of everything you can, while you can. I know a lot of the people who are giving free products away during this giveaway and these aren’t our regular freebies, they are actually things people pay for in our businesses and they are available only through tomorrow, Sunday May 31st so don’t delay.
Here’s to helping a lot more people with YOUR GIFTS and learning how to make sure they take advantage of them and that they don’t self-sabotage themselves from investing in what you have to offer.
And, because I love to invite you to events and calls that can help you with sales, selling, your business and marketing in general, and so much more, here are a few other things you can do now to continue honing your skills!
- The Int’l Entrepreneur Network calls are weekly They are all open Q&A and discussion calls. We talk about what YOU can do right now to help you get where YOU need to go next. We can really help you get more clients, get more organized, develop new offerings, get better at sales and more! Plus it’s only $7/mo and you can cancel anytime – no joke! Sign up today… next call is Monday, June 1, 2020 at Noon PDT: www.iEntrepreneurNetwork.com
- If you want to really hone your sales skills, go register for my Jumpstart Your Sales Course where I taught all about how to make sales more fun, authentic and effective for any type of business owner. You will learn about what to say and do before, during and after the sales conversation as well as how to find more prospects, work through objections, go deep with them, get them to like, trust and connect with you easier and quicker and so much more. Find out more and register here!!
- June 2, 5 pm PDT – Int’l Speaker Network Free Webinar on zoom – for new or seasoned speakers. We network, mastermind, share resources plus have a short speaker too. Topic: What Every Speaker Needs to Know about Copyright Law with Barbara Ingrassia. Register here now and get zoom info on this page too – save it!
Here’s to creating and enjoying the business and life of your dreams!
Award Winning Speaker, Jumpstart Your Biz Coach
& International Best-Selling Author with 10 books
Contact me anytime!
Office Landline: 916-872-4000