How to stay organized and productive during this time…
Are you finding that you’re not as ORGANIZED or PRODUCTIVE as you’d like to be right now?
Does your income and/or business/job depend on you being highly productive right now?
If so, I racked my brain this morning to build a big list of things and tips to share with you that I do to get and stay organized and productive.
I’ve been doing all of this for years and since I already do a lot of my business virtually and online, there’s not a lot of “transition” or “learning curve” for me at this time…
But as I’m speaking with a lot of my clients and attending online networking events and calls on Zoom, I’m finding a LOT of professionals and entrepreneurs are NOT organized enough to be totally productive and profitable at this time.
Here’s a list of 20 things to consider paying more attention to or implementing in your life/daily business habits.
- Use your calendar! If you must use paper, ok, but otherwise I highly recommend a more universal online calendar like Google Calendar that you can literally check and update from any device, anywhere.
- Create folders on your desktop and in inbox to “sort” emails, documents, recordings by client, project, etc. so you can find things easily.
- Create Manila folders for physical notes and info and file near your desk.
- Date everything to keep good track – written notes and recordings or files put the date in the file name.
- Record calls and necessary information including content that you’re developing, sales conversations, client calls and more so you can keep information noted in case you forget stuff.
- Get on a computer for many things, not just phone to manage your social media marketing; often times doing things on the computer is much more efficient than “thumbing” your way through things in this digital time.
- Plan your day/week ahead of time and block out time too to work “ON” your business and do necessary marketing tasks.
- Review to dos nightly for the next day so you can hit the ground running every day.
- Take a shower and get presentable daily, early on, even if you don’t have to “go anywhere”, especially if you’ll be on video calls often or “should” be!!
- Eat a healthy breakfast that gives you energy, not one full of carbs or you’ll get too sleepy and lazy throughout the day.
- Workout if it also gives you energy.
- Schedule in and keep appointments for online networking calls, events and any one on one appointments, you gotta SHOW UP! Missing calls and appointments makes you look very unprofessional and unorganized.
- Set timers if you have to on your phone, Alexa, your computer, wherever… to keep you from forgetting things.
- Try to keep one place where you write down all your to dos, not a bunch of sticky notes or slips of paper, or random notes in your phone.
- Put all your creative ideas on that to do list under a section called ideas, knowing that you won’t implement them all at one time and can find them later.
- Have someone to share your fears and concerns with so you can get them out and not bottle them in to fester, someone like a spouse, friend or mentor.
- Recognize your most productive and creative hours of the day, and plan to create your marketing or implement ideas during that time, block off your calendar to do so regularly.
- If looking at your email or social media sucks you into a black hole of unproductiveness then plan times throughout the day where you are and do it on purpose and set a timer to get in and out quickly.
- Schedule specific times to do specific things to grow your business such as; social media marketing, writing, sending emails, checking emails, client calls, etc.
- Schedule in personal time too for self care such as; meditation, exercise, reading, journaling, prepping food, kids, family, etc.
In addition, there are SO many ways to make money during this shutdown and isolation period so if you can’t figure out WHAT to do or HOW to do it, you really want to reach out to me and schedule a call as I can give you dozens of ideas so you can continue supporting your family.
One way that I’m LOVING right now is hosting compilation books – what if YOU gathered 5-15 of your friends and followers and they paid YOU $1,000 – $1,500 each to write a chapter in YOUR own branded compilation book!?!?!?! It’s an easy business model to add right now if you have a reasonable following or group of clients, no matter what the topic or focus.
You can do this!! I can help you!!
Schedule your FREE Strategy Session today and get 3-5 business or marketing ideas to generate FAST CASH and more! —>> www.AskKat.biz
Or join the Int’l Entrepreneur Network! www.iEntrepreneurNetwork.com – A $7/mo membership w/ monthly masterminding to Jumpstart Your Biz
Here’s to creating and enjoying the business and life of your dreams!
Award Winning Speaker, Jumpstart Your Biz Coach
& International Best-Selling Author with 10 books
Contact me anytime!
Office Landline: 916-872-4000