Have you attended a tradeshow or biz expo and not gotten anything out of it – meaning you didn’t get even one contact that developed into more business or more money?
Have you displayed at a tradeshow or biz expo and when it was all over you had nothing to show for it but hundreds or thousands of dollars spent on marketing materials and your time?
Do you want to find out how to make more sales and contacts from tradeshows and biz expos whether you’re a vendor, speaker or just an attendee?
My name is Katrina Sawa and I’ve been in sales and marketing positions for almost 30 years of my life. During those various positions, from corporate to small biz to door-to-door sales I had to learn all kinds of sales and marketing techniques in order to either build my list of contacts that I could market to after or make sales right there on the spot!
I see business owners making mistakes every month at events with their exhibitor displays and booths so I put together a checklist of items to bring for those types of events so you’re fully prepared.
Quick Tradeshow Marketing Checklist of Items to Bring for Conferences, Displays and Even Speaking Gigs:
1. Plenty of business cards, brochures, sales flyers, tip sheets, order forms, etc.
2. Plastic (or other) holders for biz cards, brochures, flyers, signs to display on the table upright
3. Promotional giveaways or items and a basket to display them in possibly
4. Your products, CDs, books and whatever hardcopy items you have for sale
5. Fish bowl or basket of some sort to collect cards in for a drawing at your booth
6. Possibly a signup sheet for email list (make sure to collect full contact info, not just name and email though!) or making appointments on the spot
7. Drawing slips for those without business cards to fill out and enter your drawing with
8. Some kind of free drawing prize – could be physical gift although you have to get it to the winner, if a big event you may want to offer a digitally delivered or downloadable gift/service.
9. Risers for your table display to make some things sit higher up on your table, cover w/ colored napkin or material to match
10. Extra tablecloths, colored napkins and or tooling to match theme or brand
11. Banner or large sign for behind the table, hanging from draped poles or floor sign for side
12. Balloons or flowers matching colors to theme or brand
13. Office supplies: regular pens & large fat pens, extra paper for handwritten signs, regular tape and packing/duck tape, tablecloth clips/holders, paperclips, safety pins, velcro stickers, metal banner hooks, clipboard (s), dice for game, rubber bands, stapler, scissors, post it notes, rope, sharpies to write on super gloss biz cards, name badge holders or nametags
14. Basket of candy or some edible goodie either with business card attached or not to attract people to your booth.
15. Portfolio or brag book of your work (if applicable) to show
16. Laptop, mouse, power cords and flash drives or CDs to showcase video of product/service/event/testimonials in case of no Internet coverage
17. Radio or music of some sort to attract attention and make your booth more lively.
18. Sheets or handouts with your bio on it, speaker topics possibly, testimonials, etc. to get to know you better.
19. Handouts with your list of services and fees or just include on an all encompassing order form
20. New client packets or whatever someone would need if they engaged in your products/services today – bags for product purchases, folders, bonus gifts, flash drives?
21. Ice chest with waters, snacks to hide under the table if you can’t get away
22. Comfortable shoes or couple change of shoes depending on how long you’re there
23. Phone chargers for charging your phone since you’ll be taking lots of pictures and posting on social media while you’re there, cameras, batteries
24. FOR SPEAKERS ADD: PowerPoint presentation, printed introduction sheet, projector, clicker
25. Cash for emergencies, snacks *Find out more tips for tradeshows on Kat’s YouTube page or Blog – all linked on the website!
Here are 2 ACTION STEPS YOU CAN TAKE NOW to get some help with maximizing events:
- Grab my Networking Tradeshow Tool Kit for $57 and develop a better process for more capturing more prospects and following up with those you meet.
- Grab a FREE COPY of my Entrepreneurs Success Kit now + 3 other Free Gifts.
Here’s to your Success!
Your Love & Money Mentor, Speaker &
Author of the book, Love Yourself Successful
“Helping You Get More LOVE In Your Life & MONEY In Your Business!”
P.S. Ready to jumpstart your business in a BIG WAY? You probably need to be doing a LOT more marketing and sales – online and offline. I recommend you take a moment and sign up to come talk with me – it’s free and you WILL get clarity, I promise. Go here now to sign up: www.AskKat.biz!