They set lofty goals maybe in January that still aren’t really coming to fruition or they’ve already backed out of the resolutions they’ve set and for whatever reason get into a funk about business stuff or personal (which in turn affects their business too).
Some of the things that can put us into that funk include:
- Realizing that what we’re doing to grow our business isn’t working
- Having negative people around you and saying unsupportive things
- Not having the funds to invest in or do the things you KNOW you need to do
- Just plain NOT KNOWING WHAT TO DO
I did a little poll on Facebook recently along with asked some friends, peers and clients:
“What do you do when you get in a funk?”
“And what do you do to snap yourself out of it?”
Here are 20 ways I found or that came up in that poll that could help you when that FUNK hits you too:
- Say some positive affirmations
- Read a chapter in an inspirational book
- Get out into nature
- Pamper yourself with a massage or pedicure
- Call a supportive friend, peer or mentor
- Read thank you notes, letters and cards
- Review the testimonials of your clients on your website
- Watch an inspirational video on YouTube
- Shift your plans or appointments for the day and go do something fun or play instead
- Get to a networking event to socialize and brainstorm with others
- Set a NEW goal and take some action towards it
- Get hugs
- Nurture yourself on the inside
- Take a nap
- Wallow in it all for a little bit – set a timer for just how long and feel it
- Get a caffeine fix
- Straighten your office, get organized
- Watch a funny movie
For more information on how to JumpStart your small business with creative ideas and a clear plan to reach your unique target market find out how to talk with me in a complimentary Strategy Session, go fill out the questionnaire at www.AskKat.biz. Let’s plot out YOUR Big Picture Strategy now to get a jumpstart on your year! Oh and if you know you could use better and more consistent marketing and sales strategies then join me at my NEW Jumpstart Your Marketing® & Sales Summit in April, 2014. Visit www.LiveBigEvents.com for all the details.
Talk to you soon!
The Jumpstart Your Biz Coach
More About Me:
Katrina Sawa is known as The JumpStart Your Biz Coach because she literally kicks her clients and their businesses into high gear. She works with highly motivated women entrepreneurs that want to maximize their business to make more money, enjoy more free time and fully embrace your happiest life ever. Katrina uses online and offline strategies to leverage your resources, contacts and your expertise; plus she kicks you in the butt to implement it all too! Katrina is an author, speaker and coach and she has been featured on the Oprah and Friends XMRadioNetwork and is a regular Business Expert on News 10 in Sacramento. Get her Free Entrepreneur’s Success Kit online at www.JumpStartYourMarketing.com/freegifts.