The number of people you have in your database is the number of people you have access to market to on a regular basis so your #1 goal in your business should be to build your database and set up a consistent, frequent system for marketing and following up with them.
If this isn’t your #1 goal, you’re missing out on a ton of sales.
If you’re not networking (online and in person in some way), you’re missing out on a ton of sales.
Here is a quick networking and follow up worksheet and guide for you:
1. Have you defined your target market? Are you sure? Who is your ideal client? Describe them.
2. How many people are in your current database (everyone you know)?
3. How many people do you want to add to that this year? Do you want to double it? What’s your goal?
4. Where can you go to build your list where your ideal client is hanging out (brainstorm)?
a. women’s organizations
b. chamber of commerce events
c. industry association meetings
d. membership functions
e. local or national conferences and workshops
f. online social networking websites, blogs and forums
5. How to best prepare yourself for networking:
a. research events and block them on your calendar every month (make sure you’re consistent and go back often to ones that are good)
b. practice your 10-30-60 second commercials
c. bring marketing materials, always have them in your car and on hand so you never run out.
d. arrive on time and allow enough time after for continued networking – don’t rush your stay.
e. be prepared to give to others, ask questions of others and not just talk about yourself.
6. Develop an easy follow up system you can follow each week or delegate it to an assistant so it gets done!
Want help figuring out what kinds of effective and affordable marketing strategies you can add in your business or how to tweak and monetize more of the ones you have?
I would like to invite you to do more than just make a decision to make these changes but let’s take it to the next level and really design you the type of business that you want making the kind of money you want to make.
There are a few ways you can do this now:
1. You can go learn some new ways to transform your business on your own with some of my do-it-yourself products.
2. You can talk with me first in a complimentary Jumpstart Your Business Strategy Session to get a handle on which direction you can take and the best route to get there.
3. You can join me at my live 3-day hands on workshop where I’ll walk you through this step-by-step; you’ll walk away with a plan but most importantly you’ll get a ton of things done right there on the spot! Find out more about this event here.
© Copyright 2011 K. Sawa Marketing International Inc.
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE OR WEB SITE? To publish this article in your ezine or website please include the following blurb: Katrina Sawa is an Award-Winning Author, Speaker and International JumpStart Your Biz Coach who’s helped hundreds of small business owners take dramatic steps in their businesses to get them to the next level in business, revenues and their personal life. She offers one-on-one coaching, group coaching and do-it-yourself business-building products. She’s been featured on various news talk shows and radio shows including Oprah and Friends XM Radio. Go online now to get started with her Free Entrepreneur’s Success Kit at http://www.JumpStartYourMarketing.com!