It’s time to evolve your marketing plan and strategy, especially if you haven’t updated it in a while or if you have no real strategy at all.
Being an entrepreneur in this day and age there is NO getting around being online, being visible, credible, knowledgable and informative. Let’s face it, if you’re not already embracing most social media platforms for whatever reason, it’s time to start paying attention and get interactive online. But it’s more than just “being” on social media, there is a lot more to pay attention to and this can help.
I recently returned from a pretty big social media and digital marketing conference and there were a few key things that I gleaned from this event that I’m going to implement more or pay attention to when updating my marketing strategy (right now, not later, but now) and I thought you may want to know what these updated trends are as well. And the reason I’ve dated them here is because this stuff changes fast so make sure YOU are getting updates like this from your own team or mentors regularly (or connect with me and get mine).
7 Updated Online Marketing Trends – July 2014
- Facebook business pages no longer have good reach, they are now set up for more of a pay-to-reach type of opportunity. It used to be, as recent as October 2013, that your posts would get a reach of 10-12% of your total fans. Now, in April of 2014, only 6 months later, Facebook has changed our pages and we’re only seeing an average of 1-2% reach. Why is that? Facebook obviously wanted us to enjoy having this opportunity to reach our fans and followers but now they want to get paid for that. You can’t blame them but WE, the entrepreneur, have to evolve where we’re focusing our efforts in order to continue reaching enough prospects, new leads and customers online. Remember, you want to use Facebook as just a marketing tool, posting and commenting isn’t always what works on these platforms, it’s the actual one-to-one connecting that works, make sure you have a strategy for doing that effectively on social sites to enough people each month.
- Almost 5 billion pieces of content are shared daily on Facebook and 500 million tweets are shared each day on Twitter. How interactive are YOU on these sites and others?
- 84% of people you’re marketing to trust recommendations from people they know which means you want to build a loyal following with people who will share and refer you. You may also consider that any paid advertising you do could work less due to this fact as well. What are YOU doing to educate and keep in touch with your database each month?
- 100 hours of videos are uploaded to YouTube every minute. How much of that is video you produced and are sharing? This is probably one of THE most CRITICAL marketing strategies you want to figure out how to add effectively to your plan this year.
- Podcasts are becoming so popular that some of the new car makers are installing podcast players and stations into car radios along side the AM/FM stations. 39 million Americans have listened to a podcast in the last month.
Mobile viewers make up more than 40% of all YouTube global watch-time, more than 1 billion videos are uploaded per day. Is YOUR site mobile friendly where someone doesn’t actually have to move the site around to see what’s on it, really mobile friendly not just visible via mobile? There’s a difference. And are you on YouTube with videos and podcasts where your prospects can listen and watch you on the go?
- Buyers are 70% of the way to a buying decision BEFORE they agree to talk with you which means you must have a very impressive, credible, functional and action-oriented website and overall online presence. Do you?
Most of all however, for all types of marketing, the goal should be to get them into your mailing and email database so that you can continue to market to them. You’ve got to build relationships with them over time; that’s the most effective way to market to anyone. People will do business with people they like, trust and connect with so make it easy for them to do business with you and refer their friends to you too!
Now, if you want more specific examples, steps and samples of ways to do all this then you really want to attend my next 3 ½ day Jumpstart Your Marketing® & Sales Summit where I lay out everything you need to do to market online and offline in many different ways and for many different types of businesses too. I give you the steps, the implementation cheat sheets basically on how to do this, what to say, when to send stuff, how to send it and how to even delegate it all so that you can concentrate on getting MORE prospects and making more sales.
So join me in November and let’s jumpstart your business! Go to www.LiveBigEvents.com for all the details and sign up today!
Here’s to creating and enjoying the business and life of your dreams!
The JumpStart Your Biz Coach, Speaker &
Author of the book, Love Yourself Successful
“Kicking YOU and YOUR Business Into High Gear to Create Your Happiest Life Ever Full of lots of LOVE & MONEY!”