What are you waiting for? Seriously! I want to help you get started (or refine and monetize the use of) using videos in your business and marketing…
Please don’t pass by this article if you haven’t started doing video yet in your business – for marketing, your website, tips, engaging clients and more. This seriously is something you don’t want to ignore anymore. And if you’re already doing videos in your business, you may catch a few tips here that can enhance your videos, capture you more viewers and convert more paying customers!
But that doesn’t mean there isn’t a way to get around those obstacles or fears that you may have and learn how to maximize what you’re doing on video to get the biggest bang for your buck so-to-speak.
The 3 biggest obstacles or excuses that I hear entrepreneurs make about recording or promoting videos:
- Mindset – you don’t think you look or sound good on video
- Strategy – you aren’t sure what to say, share or promote on video
- Systems – you aren’t that tech savvy or aren’t sure what software or technology to use to record your video and get it out there
In this article and the following 2 articles, I will share a bunch of tips for combatting each one of these so hopefully this helps you get started using video now!
Tips to Combat the Mindset Resistance – you don’t think you look or sound good on video. If you want to make yourself look or feel better when recording video, try these suggestions:
- Your Appearance – Do your hair like you would for a night out on the town. Double up on or darken your makeup application so it’s pretty heavy, light makeup hardly shows up at all on video, trust me, it won’t look like you’re Tammy Fay Baker. Use Visine for your eyes if they tend to be red or tired. Focus on under eye makeup too if you tend to have dark circles, use white or light under eye makeup.
- Your Outfit – Make sure it’s not too busy of a pattern you’re wearing or it will detract from your face. If you’re newer to shooting video, try just shooting from the chest up but if you do choose to stand, watch for slimming outfits or black bottoms and a colored shirt. Black and white shirts tend not to be the best option. Try to accent yourself with fun jewelry that pops if you want to make more of a statement. And scarves hide wrinkled necks if you are concerned about that.
- Your Surroundings – Your background is important, make sure the props, pictures, walls, artwork, furniture in the frame or in the background are suitable for public viewing. People could judge you on your surroundings for example if you have laundry on the floor or a messy desk, etc. It’s also very strategic to place something that brands your business, yourself or one of your products, books or programs in the back or side of you too.
In the next two articles, I’ll be sharing:
- Tips for Creating Content for Your Videos
- Tips for Getting Comfortable with Technology
Please don’t ignore this, take heed to my suggestions and just get started doing some videos. Remember, not that many people in the beginning will even see them so you’re safe! Then just keep getting better and better at them; don’t give up, make this at least a monthly habit!
Join me in November and let’s jumpstart your business!
Go to www.LiveBigEvents.com for all the details and sign up today!
Here’s to creating and enjoying the business and life of your dreams!
The JumpStart Your Biz Coach, Speaker &
Author of the book, Love Yourself Successful
“Kicking YOU and YOUR Business Into High Gear to Create Your Happiest Life Ever Full of lots of LOVE & MONEY!”